Saturday 4 January 2014

Formal Resignation for Wendy's Restaurant

Hey,

I know I've informally done this approximately 23000 times, but this time it's real. It is with some disappointment that I submit to you my resignation. This is my two week's notice.

It's time for a change I guess. Time for me to explore other options. Not necessarily any better or brighter at the moment, but different nonetheless. After 3 and a half years of employment, it's time for me to spread my wings, put my best foot forward, and then swim through the sea of potential employment. Or, if I wanted to, I could actually just sit in a field all day. And while I sit there I could dig through the snow and uncover the grass, long dead from the cold. Using my residual body heat, I could try and bring it back to life. Not saying I will pursue that option, but it's there.

It's just that lately; things have soured, like a lemon. But not in a good way, like a good lemon. I think I had a good thing going for a while. Both open shifts on the weekend worked for me. My weekend shifts were special. Collectively, they were like a child to me. Now my child has been cut in half , with half being taken out of my custody. Do you know how to be a parent to half of a child? I do not. I am not half of a parent. Please do not ever cut me in half.

But in my leaving, let's remember the good times. Which were... there. I'm sure. I started a fryer-fire once, which was pretty cool albeit scary and dangerous. To this day I still claim to be a volunteer firefighter. I got to feel the raw power and prowess of the extinguisher in action. I wouldn't have had that opportunity if not for Wendy's restaurant. So I'll remember the good. And the people who made my time of employment at Wendy's restaurant enjoyable.

I can work whatever shifts I get on the next schedule. That is assuming any are given to me. Much thank-you's.

P.S.- I am still very much in favor of company shorts.

P.P.S.- If  that idea ever takes flight, I assume 100% of the credit.

P.P.P.S.- Let my leg-acy live on (Get it? Because you'd see a whole lot more leg if we had shorts)

Yours truly,

JoshuaVan Schie  

Jorsh


No comments:

Post a Comment